Sulphuric Acid (Analytical Use)
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Why should you buy sulphuric acid for analytical use from ReAgent?
· We supply sulphuric acid for analytical use in 2.5L and 25L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
· Full MSDS is available to download from our website
· This product is sold with a minimum 96% purity and impurity levels not exceeding 3ppm ammonia, 0.05ppmm arsenic, 0.5ppm chloride, 0.1ppm heavy metals, 0.5ppm nitrate, 1ppm reducing substance and 20ppm non volatile matter
· All our products also come with further options, such as personalised labelling and bespoke blending
Uses and applications
Sulphuric acid is an important chemical, used in many different applications, including:
· Raw material: Examples include in the manufacture of fertilisers, including reactions to produce ammonium sulphate and phosphoric acid. Also, sulphuric acid is used to synthesise aluminium sulphate (used in the paper industry) and aluminium hydroxide (used in water treatment plants).
· Sulphur-iodine cycle: This involves a series of three reactions to produce hydrogen, in which sulphuric acid is converted to sulphur dioxide (SO2) which is subsequently converted to hydrogen iodide (HI) and finally into hydrogen.
· Reaction 1: 2H2SO4 → 2SO2 2H2O O2
· Reaction 2: I2 SO2 2H2O → 2HI H2SO4
· Reaction 3: 2 HI → I2 H2
· Cleaning agent: This acid is commonly used as a cleaning agent in the steel and iron industry, mainly to remove oxidation and rust from equipment.
· Catalyst: Sulphuric acid is also used as a catalyst in several chemical reactions, including the conversion of cyclohexanone oxime into caprolactam, during the manufacture of nylon.
· Electrolyte: Also commonly used as an electrolyte in lead-acid car batteries.
At ReAgent, we’re very proud of our friendly customer service. If you need assistance, contact us and a member of our customer service team will be glad to help you. We also offer free technical advice about all our products.
|837||2||1.216||H₂SO₄||0||0||0||M.W. 98.08||19/02/2018||Steve Toye||22/11/2017||0||19/02/2018|
|839||4||1.216||Maximum Limits of Impurities||0||0||0||19/02/2018||Steve Toye||22/11/2017||0||19/02/2018|
|843||8||1.216||Heavy Metals (Pb)||0||0||<0.1||ppm||20/02/2018||Steve Toye||26/01/2018||0||19/02/2018|
|846||11||1.216||Reducing Substance||0||1||<1||ppm||20/02/2018||Steve Toye||26/01/2018||0||19/02/2018|
|847||12||1.216||Non Volatile Matter||0||20||<20||ppm||20/02/2018||Steve Toye||26/01/2018||0||19/02/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3783||Sulphuric Acid (Analytical Use)||publish||1216||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1216 - SDS21074.pdf|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.