- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
- Product Video
A typical analysis of our demineralised water is at the bottom of this page
What is Demineralised Water?
Demineralised, or demin water is high quality “pure” water. It is made by passing non-pure water through an ion exchange resin bed. This filters out any unwanted mineral salts and impurities, like sodium or chloride.
Demineralised water is used in a variety of industries and environments. While it is mostly used in laboratory or pharmaceutical settings for preparation and testing, it is suited to a wide range of industries. The high purity of demin water, for example, makes it ideal when cleaning vehicles or metal parts. This is because it doesn’t leave behind any residue.
Demineralised water is commonly used:
- As a raw material or ingredient in the creation of many pharmaceutical products
- For topping up car batteries, or in cooling systems in the automotive industry
- As an electrical fire retardant in fire extinguishers because of its poor conductivity
- As a testing medium in laboratory conditions due to its high purity
Demineralised Water Analysis
|Residue on Evaporation <10mg/L||Chloride as Cl|
|Heavy Metals (pB) <0.1ppm||Nitrate|
|Silica as SiO2|
May have trace of Zinc (<0.01mg/L).
*CO2 absorbed from the atmosphere once produced can increase conductivity very slightly.
Demineralised vs. Deionised Water
Demineralised water is similar to deionised water, both of which have had all ions and minerals removed usually by the same process. Differences in reference usually come from the intended purpose for the water.
Demineralised and deionised waters are often confused with distilled water, which is of a higher purity and more expensive to produce. Whilst deionisation removes any ionic compounds from the water, some trace elements may still not be removed. Because distillation is costly, many industries have turned to using demineralised water in their applications.
Buy Demineralised Water from Leading UK Suppliers
We are leading suppliers of demineralised water in the UK and have been providing our top grade products to businesses for over 40 years. Buy demineralised water from ReAgent and enjoy the benefit of choosing exactly what you want, whether that’s:
- Specific batch sizes: we supply demineralised water in a range of sizes, from 25L containers and 1,000L IBCs to bulk orders in 25,000L tankers
- Customisable labelling and packaging options: our bespoke service doesn’t stop at chemical products, it also includes label design and a choice of packaging materials
- Specific delivery requirements: whether you need your product delivered directly to your customers from our factory, or require next-day delivery, we’ll go that extra mile to ensure your business needs are met
Precautions must be taken at all times when handling chemicals – for more information please refer to our demineralised water MSDS.
|880||1||1114S||H₂O||0||0||0||M.W. 18.01||21/08/2018||Darren Wilson||04/01/2017||0||20/08/2018|
|3.624||4||1114S||pH @ 20°C||5||8||5 - 8||21/08/2018||Darren Wilson||05/06/2017||0||20/08/2018|
|3.417||5||1114S||Conductivity can increase on storage as CO2 can be absored.||0||0||0||21/08/2018||Steve Toye||15/03/2017||0||20/08/2018|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|ADR/RID Shipping Name||Not classified|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3817||Demineralised Water||publish||1114||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1114 - SDS11769.pdf|