Muriatic Acid 0.1M (0.1N)
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Looking for Muriatic Acid 0.1M (0.1N)?
- ReAgent supply muriatic acid 0.1M (0.1N) in 2.5L and 5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- This product is sold as 0.09995 to 0.10005M (further information can be found in our Sales Product Specification, available to download from our website)
- We also offer further options, including customised labelling and specific pack sizes
How dangerous is muriatic acid?
As a strong acid, muriatic acid is extremely dangerous if ingested, inhaled or in contact with skin. If ingested or inhaled, muriatic acid quickly dissociates and its harmful effects derive from strong localised pH changes rather than the effects of the acid itself.
- Corrosive: Muriatic acid is highly corrosive to the skin and eyes, as well as highly irritant to the respiratory tract. Studies have reported that doses as low as 10ppm to cause symptoms of irritation. Safety procedures recommend staff evacuation in case of large spillages, enough to detect the odour in the air.
- Carcinogenic: Studies with lab animals showed to increased incidence of tumours or abnormal growths after inhalation or dermal administration. Also, in humans there is no evidence of higher tumour incidence in workers regularly exposed to this chemical.
- Effect on reproduction: There are no reliable studies indicating whether or not muriatic acid can have harmful effects on fertility or during pregnancy, after ingestion, inhalation or skin contact. As both H and Cl are constituents of normal metabolism, it’s expected that the body can deal with small amounts of this chemical and excrete excessive quantities in an efficient manner.
- Impact on the environment: Due to pH changes, muriatic acid can have a strong impact on the environment. The response depends on the ability to buffer any changes, particularly in an aquatic environment. For this reason, LC50 values vary widely for different species and different ecosystems.
Over 30 years’ experience
ReAgent has been an established chemical manufacturer for over 30 years, and during that period we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. Simply contact us and a member of staff will be glad to assist you during your order.
|941||1||1.045||Molarity||0||0||0||0.0998 - 0.1002||M||24/05/2018||Darren||03/04/2014||0||23/05/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3465||Muriatic Acid 0.1M (0.1N)||publish||1045||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1045 - SDS11781.pdf|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.