Muriatic Acid 4M (approx)
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Looking for Muriatic Acid 4M?
- We supply muriatic acid 4M (approximately) in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- This product is sold as a 4M – in practice, concentration ranges from 3.96M to 4.04M (Further information available in our Sales Product Specification)
- We also offer many other options with our products, from specific pack sizes to customised labelling
- Contact us for further information
Chemical and physical properties
- Name: Muriatic acid
- Alternative names: Hydrochloric acid, hydrogen chloride, spirit of salt
- Molecular formula: HCl
- Molecular weight: 36.46 g/mol
- Appearance: Colourless solution with a pungent irritating odour
- Boiling point: -85 degree Celsius (-121 Fahrenheit)
- Melting point: -114 degree Celsius (-174 Fahrenheit)
- Solubility: Soluble in water, methanol, ethanol and ether
- Stability: Compound with a high thermal stability
- Corrosivity: May react violently with bases and oxidizers forming toxic chlorine gas. Can also react with many other compounds, including acetic anhydride, amines and alkanolamines, just to name a few. Highly corrosive to many different materials, forming hazardous hydrogen gas. It may also attack rubber and plastic.
What is muriatic acid used for?
This is an extremely popular compound, with many different uses in industry. Typically, applications take advantage of its strong acidic properties or as a raw compound used in the synthesis of other products. Common uses include:
- Brine treatment for chloralkali
- Steel pickling
- Synthesis of calcium chloride
- Oil well acidulation
- Treatment of water in swimming pools
- Metal recovery from used catalysts
- pH control
- Sludge removal
- Sand and clay purification
- Production of organic (e.g. bisphenol-A, polycarbonate resins, polyvinyl chloride resins and synthetic glycerine) and inorganic compounds (e.g. activated carbon, sodium chlorate, and iron oxide pigments).
Over 30 years’ experience
ReAgent has been an established chemical manufacturer for over 30 years, and during this period we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours.
|1.557||1||1.040||Molarity||3||4||0||3.992 - 4.008||M||24/05/2018||Steve Toye||18/10/2016||0||23/05/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3453||Muriatic Acid 4M (approx)||publish||1040||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1040 - SDS11770.pdf|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.