Industrial Methylated Spirits (Denatured Alcohol) 95%
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Looking for Industrial Methylated Spirits 95%?
Before you can purchase this product from us, you need to register your interest with HM Revenue and Customs. You can contact them on 0300 200 3700 and they will send you a registration letter. It does not take long and staff are very helpful. For your information, this product is usually referred to as Industrial Denatured Alcohol or IDA for short.
- We supply industrial methylated spirits in 2.5L containers, with bulk discounts available
- This product is sold with a 94.7 to 95.1% v/v purity levels (more information available on the Sales Product Specification, available to download from our website)
- We also offer many other options with all our products, from bespoke blending to customised labelling
- Contact us for further information
About methylated spirits
Sometimes referred to as denatured alcohol, this product is essentially a mixture of ethanol and methanol. The methanol is present in a small concentration, but enough to make it undrinkable and poisonous.
Due to its high concentration, this is a highly regulated product in order to avoid its consumption as an alcoholic beverage. All alcoholic drinks are taxed accordingly, but this taxation does not apply to denatured solutions.
Why use methanol as a denaturing agent?
The main element in this product is ethanol, but it was necessary to find an additive to prevent its recreational consumption:
Open an account with us
For regular customers, we offer the possibility to open an account with us to make your orders easier and faster. If you wish to do so, simply
- Methanol is used because it has a boiling point close to ethanol, making it extremely difficult to remove by distillation
- In addition, if ingested, methanol is converted to toxic compounds, which are not excreted easily by the body. As a result, denatured alcohol is very dangerous and should not be used for human consumption.
|926||1||1.818||Alcohol Content||94||95||94.7 - 95.1||% v/v||22/03/2018||Andrew Freer||03/02/2009||0||21/03/2018|
|927||2||1.818||Density @ 20°C||0||0||0||0.811 - 0.813||g/cm³||22/03/2018||Andrew Freer||03/02/2009||0||21/03/2018|
|928||3||1.818||Colour||0||20||0||<20||Hazen Units||22/03/2018||Andrew Freer||03/02/2009||0||21/03/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.