Nitric Acid 35% w/w
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Need Nitric Acid 35% w/w?
- We supply nitric acid 35% w/w in 5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- Further information can be found on our Sales Product Specification, available to download from our website
- Full MSDS is also available to download
How is nitric acid synthesised industrially?
In industrial processes, nitric acid (HNO3) can be produced in different manners:
- Via nitrogen dioxide: Nitric acid is commonly synthesised by mixing nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and water (H2O), according to the reaction:3 NO2 H2O → 2 HNO3 NOThe nitric oxide (NO) can be re-oxidised in air to generate additional nitrogen dioxide which can then be used to synthesise nitric acid. From this process, solutions obtained are typically between 52 and 68% nitric acid.
- Ostwald process: In this case, ammonia (anhydrous) is converted to nitric oxide via an oxidation reaction, conducted in the presence of rhodium or platinum catalysts at high temperature (above 500 K) and pressure (9 bar).4 NH3 (g) 5 O2 (g) → 4 NO (g) 6 H2O (g)In a second step, nitric oxide (NO) is oxidised in air to produce nitrogen dioxide (NO2, reaction 1), and subsequently absorbed in water to finally synthesise nitric acid (reaction 2). The by-product nitric oxide (NO) can be recycled for re-oxidation. As an alternative, the final step can be done in the presence of oxygen (reaction 3)Reaction 1: 2 NO (g) O2 (g) → 2 NO2 (g)Reaction 2: 3 NO2 (g) H2O (l) → 2 HNO3 (aq) NO (g)Reaction 3: 4 NO2 (g) O2 (g) 2 H2O (l) → 4 HNO3 (aq)
Open an account with us
Are you a regular customer? If so, we offer the possibility to open an account with us to make your orders go smoother. If you wish to do so, simply contact our sales team on 0800 990 3258 or by email and a member of staff will be glad to help.
|1.374||1||0347S||Twaddell at 20DegC||42||43||0||42.4-43.4||Degrees Tw||16/07/2018||Charlie||08/02/2005||0||13/07/2018|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|0347||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|0347||H290||May be corrosive to metals.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|0347||P260||Do not breathe vapour/ spray.|
|0347||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|0347||P303+P361+P353||IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.|
|0347||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|0347||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|0347||P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|ADR/RID Shipping Name||NITRIC ACID|
|ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|