Nitric Acid 35% w/w
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Need Nitric Acid 35% w/w?
- We supply nitric acid 35% w/w in 5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- Further information can be found on our Sales Product Specification, available to download from our website
- Full MSDS is also available to download
How is nitric acid synthesised industrially?
In industrial processes, nitric acid (HNO3) can be produced in different manners:
- Via nitrogen dioxide: Nitric acid is commonly synthesised by mixing nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and water (H2O), according to the reaction:3 NO2 H2O → 2 HNO3 NOThe nitric oxide (NO) can be re-oxidised in air to generate additional nitrogen dioxide which can then be used to synthesise nitric acid. From this process, solutions obtained are typically between 52 and 68% nitric acid.
- Ostwald process: In this case, ammonia (anhydrous) is converted to nitric oxide via an oxidation reaction, conducted in the presence of rhodium or platinum catalysts at high temperature (above 500 K) and pressure (9 bar).4 NH3 (g) 5 O2 (g) → 4 NO (g) 6 H2O (g)In a second step, nitric oxide (NO) is oxidised in air to produce nitrogen dioxide (NO2, reaction 1), and subsequently absorbed in water to finally synthesise nitric acid (reaction 2). The by-product nitric oxide (NO) can be recycled for re-oxidation. As an alternative, the final step can be done in the presence of oxygen (reaction 3)Reaction 1: 2 NO (g) O2 (g) → 2 NO2 (g)Reaction 2: 3 NO2 (g) H2O (l) → 2 HNO3 (aq) NO (g)Reaction 3: 4 NO2 (g) O2 (g) 2 H2O (l) → 4 HNO3 (aq)
Open an account with us
Are you a regular customer? If so, we offer the possibility to open an account with us to make your orders go smoother. If you wish to do so, simply contact our sales team on 0800 990 3258 or by email and a member of staff will be glad to help.
|1.374||1||347||Twaddell at 20DegC||42||43||0||42.4-43.4||Degrees Tw||25/04/2018||Charlie||08/02/2005||0||24/04/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.