Acetic Acid Glacial (Laboratory Use)
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Use UK Chemical Suppliers, ReAgent Chemicals to buy Acetic Acid Glacial (Laboratory use)
ReAgent Chemicals can manufacture and supply Acetic Acid Glacial (minimum 99.5%) for laboratory use in 2.5L or 25L containers. Discounts are available for bulk buyers.
Acetic acid is mildly corrosive
The systematic name for acetic acid is ethanoic acid, with the chemical formula CH3COOH (it is sometimes written as CH3CO2H or C2H4O2). It’s also known as ethylic acid or vinegar acid. Glacial acetic acid refers to a colourless liquid solution of undiluted acetic acid, which is corrosive and may burn the skin. Those handling this chemical must wear appropriate clothing and follow safety procedures highlighted in the Material Safety data Sheet.
Many industrial applications
Acetic acid is an important chemical reagent with many industrial applications. It’s mainly used in the production of polyvinyl acetate for wood glue and cellulose acetate for photographic film. In the food industry, acetic acid is known as food additive E260, used as acidity regulator. At home, it’s commonly used highly diluted as a descaling agent for cleaning household appliances.
This chemical is traditionally produced synthetically for industrial applications, which account for 90% of all acetic acid used. The most common reactions are carbonylation of methanol or oxidations involving ethylene or butane. The remaining 10% acetic acid is produced specifically by bacterial fermentation to obtain vinegar, as manufacture regulations do not allow the use of synthetic versions of this chemical (acetic acid is the main component of vinegar at around 8% in volume).
What you can find at ReAgent
Buy Glacial Acetic Acid for all your laboratory needs from one of the UK leading specialists, ReAgent Chemicals. We also have a selection other products with acetic acid, including for general use and concentrations ranging from 5 to 80% acetic acid, to suit your needs. If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact us for a quote or technical advice. We’re here to help.
|118||2||1193S||Molecular Weight||0||0||0||M.W. 60.05||21/08/2018||Darren Wilson||03/05/2017||0||20/08/2018|
|121||3||1193S||Maximum Limits of Impurities||0||0||0||21/08/2018||Steve Toye||19/04/2017||0||20/08/2018|
|119||4||1193S||Assay||99||100||0||Minimum 99.5||%||21/08/2018||Darren Wilson||03/05/2017||0||20/08/2018|
|124||6||1193S||Non Volatile Matter||0||0||0||0.01||%||21/08/2018||Barbara||29/06/2004||0||20/08/2018|
|123||7||1193S||Formic Acid||0||0||0||0.1||%||21/08/2018||Darren Wilson||03/05/2017||0||20/08/2018|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1193||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|1193||H226||Flammable liquid and vapour.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1193||P260||Do not breathe vapour/ spray.|
|1193||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|1193||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|1193||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1193||P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|ADR/RID Shipping Name||ACETIC ACID, GLACIAL|
|ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3275||Acetic Acid Glacial (Laboratory Use)||publish||1193||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1193 - SDS21142.pdf|