Toluene (Laboratory Use)
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Looking for Toluene for Laboratory Use?
- We supply toluene for laboratory use in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- This product is sold with a minimum 99% purity and impurity levels not exceeding 0.005% non-volatile matter
- We also supply toluene for general use
- In addition, we offer further options with all our products, from custom labelling to bespoke blending
What is Toluene Used For?
- Precursor: Toluene can be used as a precursor in many different reactions, including synthesis of benzene via hydrodealkylation or synthesis of benzoic acid and benzaldehyde via disproportionation of benzene and xylene. Toluene is also the raw material for toluene TNT and diisocyanate.
- Solvent: This compound is a common solvent in paint, paint thinners, sealants, adhesives, lacquers and many other products.
- Fuel: Toluene is used as an octane booster for internal combustion engines. This compound can also be used as fuel in both two-stroke and four-stroke engines, but it needs to be pre-heated to 70 degree Celsius before use, which requires specific engines.
- Lab applications: In the lab, toluene is used in the manufacture of carbon nanomaterials, including fullerenes and nanotubes
- Polystyrene kits: can be used as a fine cement for polystyrene kits due to a very precise application, thus avoiding bulk adhesive products
- Medical applications: Toluene has the ability to break red blood cells, and it’s commonly used in biochemistry to extract haemoglobin
- Coolant: Due to its good heat transfer properties, toluene has been used as a coolant in sodium cold traps in nuclear reactors
- Cocaine extraction: In the fizzy drink industry, toluene is used to remove cocaine from coca leaves, so that these can be used to produce drinks
Friendly Customer Service
At ReAgent, we’re very proud of our friendly customer service. A member of staff will be glad to help before, during and after your order to ensure our products meet your expectations. We also offer free technical advice about all our products.
|879||1||1278S||Weight per ml (g)||0||0||0||0.865 - 0.875||23/05/2019||Abbie Thornhill||12/04/2017||0||22/05/2019|
|876||3||1278S||Water||200||0||<200||ppm w/w||23/05/2019||Steve Toye||22/08/2017||0||22/05/2019|
|3.935||4||1278S||Colour, Pt-Co||0||20||0||<20||23/05/2019||Steve Toye||14/10/2016||0||22/05/2019|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1278||H315||Causes skin irritation.|
|1278||H373||May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.|
|1278||H225||Highly flammable liquid and vapour.|
|1278||H336||May cause drowsiness or dizziness.|
|1278||H304||May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways.|
|1278||H361d||Suspected of damaging the unborn child.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1278||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|1278||P301+P310||IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|1278||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1278||P261||Avoid breathing vapour/ spray.|
|1278||P210||Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.|
|1.278||ADR/RID Shipping Name||TOLUENE|
|1.278||ADR/RID Shipping Class||3|
|1.278||ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3805||Toluene (Laboratory Use)||publish||1278||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1278 - SDS21045.pdf|