Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
What is Titanium Dioxide?
Titanium Dioxide is a naturally occurring oxide of titanium, found in the minerals rutile, anatase and brookite. Mainly sourced from Ilmenite ore, the ore is mixed with sulphuric acid which removes the iron oxide from Ilmenite. Other names for this substance include Titanium Oxide, Titanium White, Pigment White 6 or Titania.
The chemical formula for Titanium Dioxide is TiO2.
Titanium Dioxide has found use in many day to day applications yet is classed as a potential carcinogen if dust is inhaled. There is no proof that the product can be absorbed by the skin.
What is Titanium Dioxide Used For?
Titanium Dioxide is a highly used substance in everyday applications and is found in foods, cosmetics and scientific uses. Some examples of its use are:
- As a whitening agent, UV blocker and thickener used in sunscreen.
- It is used as a whitening agent for paint. It acts also as a sterilizer and a deodoriser in these products. Paint containing TiO2 is often referred to as Perfect White.
- It is used in pharmaceuticals to create white colour pigment in pill medication.
- It is an additive in food (E171) used to give food a white colour and flavouring.
- A photocatalyst.
- Manufacture of electronic data and storage mediums..
ReAgent sells Titanium Dioxide in containers of 1Kg up to bags of 25Kg. Contact ReAgent Chemicals if smaller or larger quantities are required.
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|