- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Looking for thioacetamide?
- We supply thiocetamide in 1L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders over 4 items
- MSDS can be downloaded from our website
- We also offer further options with all our products, including personalised labelling and specific pack sizes
Chemical and physical properties of thioacetamide
- Name: thiocetamide
- Alternative names: Ethanethioamide, acetothioamide
- Molecular formula: C2H5NS
- Molecular weight: 75 g/mol
- Appearance: colourless to yellow crystals with an odour similar to mercaptans
- Melting point: 113 degree Celsius
- Solubility: soluble in ethanol and slightly soluble in ether. Miscible in benzene, petroleum ether and water
- Stability: relatively stable if maintained with a neutral pH
- Decomposition: can decomposed at high temperatures, releasing toxic fumes including sulphur and nitrogen oxides
How safe is thioacetamide?
- Fire hazard: combustible
- Chemical hazard: decomposes on heating, producing toxic fumes
- Health hazard: Symptoms after exposure may include eye and skin irritation, as well as nausea and vomiting if ingested or inhaled. If not treated, exposure may result in liver damage, acidosis, central nervous system depression, respiratory problems which may end up in unconsciousness and convulsions.
- First aid measures: immediately take affected patient out of contaminated area and into fresh air. It’s important to always seek medical advice even if no symptoms show. If in contact with skin or eyes, wash affected area with copious amounts of water for a few minutes and remove contaminated clothing.
- Currently this chemical is classed as a carcinogenic, an irritant to eyes and skin, and harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects
Over 30 years’ experience
We’ve been established in the marker as a chemical manufacturer for over 30 years and during that period we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer care. Our friendly customer team is always ready to assist you before, during and after your order. Contact us for further information or free technical advice.
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.