Sodium Hydroxide 4% / EDTA 4%
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Looking for sodium hydroxide 4% / EDTA 4%?
· We supply sodium hydroxide 4% / EDTA 4% in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
· We also supply a wide range of sodium hydroxide products, covering multiple applications and concentrations
· In addition, all our products come with further options, including customised packaging and specific pack sizes
How safe is sodium hydroxide?
· Health hazards: Sodium hydroxide is a strong alkali, and can easily decompose fat and proteins present in living tissue, which may cause serious and permanent chemical burns if in contact with skin or blindness if in contact with eyes. As such, all staff handling this chemical – even dilute concentrations – must always wear protective equipment, including gloves, safety clothing and goggles. If in contact with skin, affected area should be washed immediately with generous amounts of water and any contaminated clothes removed.
· Fire hazards: There is also a significant risk of fire, as dissolution in water or acidic solutions is an extremely exothermic reaction and the heat may be enough to ignite flammable materials.
· Corrosion: This chemical can be very corrosive to metals, generating hydrogen gas. It can also damage glass, and careful storage is needed.
What are sodium hydroxide’s most common applications?
This base is a very popular ingredient in many industrial processes, including in the manufacture of paper, detergents and in the petroleum industry. Applications include:
· Raw material used in the synthesis of other chemicals
· Paper (chemical pulping)
· Detergents (esterification reaction)
· pH regulation
· organic synthesis
· Additive in drilling mud (petroleum industry)
· To treat crude oil
· Cleaning agent
At ReAgent, we’re very proud of our friendly customer service. If you need assistance, a member of staff will be glad to help you before, during and after your order to ensure our product meets your needs. We also offer a wide range of products, from pharmaceuticals and petrochemicals, to speciality tests and buffers. Contact us for further information or free technical advice.
|970||1||1097S||Molarity||0||0||0||0.1995 - 0.2005||M||16/11/2018||Steve Toye||05/06/2014||0||15/11/2018|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|2405||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|2405||H290||May be corrosive to metals.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|2405||P260||Do not breathe vapour/ spray.|
|2405||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|2405||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|2405||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|2405||P315||Get immediate medical advice/ attention.|
|ADR/RID Shipping Name||SODIUM HYDROXIDE SOLUTION|
|ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|5101||Sodium Hydroxide 4% / EDTA 4%||publish||2405||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 2405 - SDS11404.pdf|