Sodium Fluoride (NaF)
THIS IS A RESTRICTED PRODUCT – PLEASE CONTACT US TO PLACE YOUR ORDER.
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Why Buy Sodium Fluoride from ReAgent?
- PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A RESTRICTED PRODUCT – CONTACT US TO PLACE YOUR ORDER
- We supply sodium fluoride in 500g containers, with bulk discounts available for orders over 4 items
- This product is sold with a minimum 98% purity
- We also offer many other options with all our products, from personalised packaging to bespoke blending
What is sodium fluoride used for?
With the formula NaF, sodium flouride is an inorganic colourless solid used in many applications, including:
- Medical applications: This compound is commonly used to treat osteoporosis, especially in postmenopausal women. It can significantly promote bone formation and increase bone density. However, bone containing excess fluoride may become more fragile and physicians usually opt for long-term slow releasing therapies to avoid the formation of bone with an abnormal structure
- Sodium fluoride is also used as a tracer in tomography. However, as Fluorine-18 has a half-life of less than 2 hours, it’s use is now decreasing in favour of more stable technetium-99.
- Water treatment: Flouride salts, including sodium fluoride, are commonly added to drinking water to ensure an adequate dental health. Fluoride increases tooth strength via fluorapatite, present in the enamel. This compound is also present in toothpaste to prevent formation of cavities.
How safe is sodium fluoride?
The main safety concern comes from the fact that sodium fluoride is rapidly and effectively absorbed by the body. Once in the body, excessive amounts can interfere with normal calcium metabolism and result in fatal cardiac problems due to lack of calcium. Chronic exposure to fluoride can also result in bone problems, including calcification of ligaments and build-up in teeth.
Highest standards of manufacture
We follow the highest standards of manufacture and, where relevant, will produce in accordance with the various Pharmacopoeias. We can supply a wide range of products from small batches to bulk containers. Contact us for further information or free technical advice.
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.