Sodium Chloride 0.1M
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Need Sodium Chloride 0.1M?
- We supply sodium chloride in 5L containers with discounts available for bulk orders
- Full MSDS can be downloaded from our website
- We also offer many other options, such as personalised labelling and specific pack sizes
Chemical and physical properties of sodium chloride
- Name: Sodium chloride
- Alternative names: Table salt, saline solution
- Molecular formula: NaCl
- Molecular weight: 58.4g/mol
- Colour: Colorless, transparent crystals or white crystalline powder
- Taste: Salty
- Boiling point: 1465 degree Celsius
- Melting point: 800.7 degree Celsius
- Solubility: Soluble in water and slightly soluble in ethanol, ethylene glycol, formic acid, glycerol, ammonia, methanol and monoethanolamine
- Stability and decomposition: It’s stable under recommended storage conditions, but it may decompose if heated, releasing toxic fumes of hydrochloric acid and disodium oxide
- Corrosivity: Sodium chloride solutions are corrosive to base metals
- pH: Neutral aqueous solution (pH ranging from 6.7 to 7.3)
- Somewhat hygroscopic
- Hazardous to the respiratory and digestive tract: If heated to high temperatures, sodium chloride starts releasing a vapor which is irritant to the eyes. Also, oral ingestion of large quantities of sodium chloride can induce irritation of the gastrointestinal tract, vomiting, hypernatremia, respiratory distress, convulsions, and death.
- Fire hazard: Non combustible
- Storage hazards: Containers with sodium chloride should be kept in tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place
- Incompatible products: This chemical can react quickly with bromide trifluoride, as well as compounds containing lithium nitrogen. For example, in case of fires where lithium may be present, sodium chloride fire extinguishers must not be used as this would result in a more violent fire. Also, sodium chloride electrolysis in the presence of nitrogen-based compounds may lead to formation of explosive nitrogen trichloride.
At ReAgent, we’re very proud of our friendly customer services. If you need help, contact us and a member of staff will be glad to assist you before, during and after your purchase to ensure our product meets your needs. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours after purchase.
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|