Propanediol (General Use)
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Why Buy Propanediol for General Use from ReAgent?
- We supply propanediol for general use in 2.5L and 25L containers, as well as 200L drums
- Discounts available for bulk orders
- We also supply propanediol for laboratory use
- In addition, with all our products we offer many other options, from customised labelling to specific pack sizes
How is propanediol used?
Propanediol is a popular compound and is used in many industrial process, from the manufacture of plastics to antifreeze products:
- Resins and plastics: Almost half of all propanediol produced is used in the production of polyester resins. In this process, propanediol is mixed with isophthalic acid and maleic anhydride. The resultant polymer goes through a few more crosslinking reactions to generate thermoset plastics.
- Food industry: This compound is added to many foods as a solvent, preservative or humectant. Examples include ice-cream and other dairy products, coffee and soda.
- E-cigarettes: Recently propanediol found a new use in e-cigarettes. This compound is used due to its low toxicity and corrosivity
- Pharmaceutical uses: This compound has many medical applications, including as a solvent in oral or topical formulations which require ingredients insoluble in water.
- Personal care and cosmetics: Propanediol is a common ingredient in many different types of personal care products
- De-icer: Taking advantage of propanediol’s ability to lower freezing point when mixed with water, this compound is used in many de-icing and antifreeze products. This compound can replace ethylene glycol due to its low toxicity and low environmental impact. Typical solutions range from 40:60 to 60:40 mixed with water.
- Veterinary medicine: Propanediol is also used in many drugs used in veterinary medicine, including to treat hyperketonaemia in ruminants. In these animals, propanediol is metabolised in the rumen and converted to propionate, which can be used as an energy source.
Over 30 years’ experience
ReAgent has been established in the market as a chemical manufacturer for over 30 years and during that period we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours after purchase. Contact us for further information or free technical advice.
|2.837||1||2334S||Assay||99||100||0||>99||% w/w||17/01/2019||Abbie Thornhill||05/01/2017||0||17/01/2019|
|2.841||4||2334S||S.G||1||1||0||1.035 - 1.040||17/01/2019||Graham||05/01/2017||0||23/02/2018|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|5073||Propanediol (General Use)||publish||2334||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 2334 - SDS20540.pdf|