Potassium Permanganate 5% w/v
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Looking for Potassium Permanganate 5% w/v?
- We supply potassium permanganate 5% w/v solution in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- MSDS is also available to download from our website
- In addition, with all our products we offer a wide range of options, including personalised labelling and bespoke blending
What is potassium permanganate used for?
The vast majority of its applications take advantage of its strong oxidising properties. In addition, this compound is preferred over other oxidising agents as it doesn’t generate toxic by-products, making it an easier and safer product to use in a large scale.
- Antiseptic: Potassium permanganate can be used very effectively to wash and disinfect hands and feet, aiding in the treatment of fungal infections and dermatitis
- Water treatment: This compound is also a popular ingredient in the water treatment industry. It’s mostly used to eliminate hydrogen sulphide and iron from water and can be used in multiple applications, from waste water to swimming pools.
- Used in the synthesis of organic compounds: Potassium permanganate can be used as a reagent during the manufacture of organic compounds, such as pyrazinoic acid, saccharin, isonicotinic acid, chloroamphenicol and ascorbic acid.
- Analytical chemistry: This compound represents a useful way to assess the quantity of oxidisable organic matter in solution. The result is known as the permanganate value. An aqueous solution containing this chemical can be used as a titrant in certain redox titrations.
- Preservation of bananas: As this fruit ripens, it releases ethylene. However, this natural process can be delayed by developing ways to remove this compound. One of the most popular methods is to pack the fruit in the presence of polyethylene and potassium permanganate. This mix is able to oxidise ethylene and prolong shelf-life up to 4 weeks.
We are very proud of our fast delivery services. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours. If you need assistance, a member of staff will be glad to help before, during and after your purchase. Simply contact us for further information or free technical advice.
|1.047||1||1075S||Potassium Permanganate||0||0||0||0.0998 - 0.1002||M||14/11/2018||Darren||30/07/2004||0||13/11/2018|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1075||H411||Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1075||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1075||P273||Avoid release to the environment.|
|ADR/RID Shipping Name||ENVIRONMENTALLY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, LIQUID, N.O.S. (POTASSIUM PERMANGANATE)|
|ADR/RID Shipping Class||9|
|ADR/RID Packing Group||III|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|4279||Potassium Permanganate 5% w/v||publish||1075||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1075 - SDS10534.pdf|