Potassium Chloride (KCl)
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
What is Potassium Chloride?
Potassium Chloride is a metal salt compound produced from binding chlorine and potassium together. It is found in crystal form and is not dissimilar to Sodium Chloride. It readily dissolves in water. Potassium Chloride is an extremely stable compound and as such is often found in laboratories for use. ReAgent stocks this product in crystal form.
In a flame test, Potassium Chloride results in a lilac flame result.
The chemical formula for Potassium Chloride is KCl.
Whilst the human body does require Potassium in order to function, this product is NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. Ingestion of any foreign chemicals can be dangerous or fatal and care should be taken when handling any chemical substance.
What is Potassium Chloride Used For?
Potassium Chloride shares some uses with Sodium Chloride due to the physical nature of the substance. It has many uses such as:
- KCL is often used in making fertilizer as many plants rely on an intake of potassium.
- A de-icing agent that is safer to use around plants and animals.
- An alternative to sodium chloride in household water softeners.
- In medicine as potassium is required by the human body.
- Mixed with table salt to improve taste.
- It is used in cardiac surgical applications to stop the heart when an operation cannot be performed when the heart is beating.
- Due to KCL possessing lethal effects, it is also used in lethal injections.
ReAgent sells Potassium Chloride in containers of 500g. Contact ReAgent Chemicals if smaller or larger quantities are required.
|549||2||1.734||Assay||99||101||0||99.5 - 101.0||%||20/02/2018||Steve Toye||13/03/2017||0||19/02/2018|
|4.547||3||1.734||Loss on Drying (105'C)||0||1||0||<1.0||%||20/02/2018||Steve Toye||13/03/2017||0||19/02/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.