Phosphoric Acid (General Use)
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Looking for Phosphoric Acid for General Use?
- We supply phosphoric acid for general use in 2.5L and 25L containers, as well as 200L drums
- Discounts available for bulk orders over 4 items
- Full MSDS is also available to download from our website
Chemical and physical properties of phosphoric acid
- Name: Phosphoric acid
- Alternative names: Orthophosphoric acid
- Molecular formula: H3PO4
- Molecular weight: 97.996 g/mol
- Appearance: Hygroscopic colourless crystals, forming a viscous solution in water
- Odour and taste: Odourless but with an acid taste
- Boiling point: 407 degree Celsius (415 Fahrenheit)
- Melting point: 42.4 degree Celsius (108 Fahrenheit)
- Solubility: soluble in water, alcohol, and ether
- Decomposition: Converts to pyrophosphoric acid (H4P2O7) when heated to over 200 degree Celsius
- Corrosivity: Corrosive to ferrous metals and alloys
- Acidity: pH around 1.5 in aqueous solution (0.1N)
Common applications include:
- Manufacture of fertilisers (over 70%)
- Manufacture of agricultural feeds
- Water treatment
- Used in soaps and detergents
- Used in the food industry, including pet food and beverages
- Used in cosmetic and personal hygiene products, in particular toothpastes
- Manufacture of fire control products
- Used in the textile industry
- Used as a catalyst
- Used in the drilling industry
- Rust removal
How safe is phosphoric acid?
As an acid, phosphoric acid can be dangerous if not handled in a safe manner.
- It’s not combustible, but releases toxic fumes in a fire
- If in contact with skin, it may cause chemical burns and blisters. It’s also an irritant to the eyes.
- If inhaled or ingested, it causes a burning sensation in the throat and difficulties breathing. It can also result in abdominal pain and collapse.
At ReAgent, we’re very proud of our friendly service. If you need help, a member of our customer service team will be glad to assist you before, during and after your order to ensure our products meets your needs. Simply contact us for further information.
|510||1||1.284||Specific Gravity||1||1||0||1.684 - 1.695||22/03/2018||Steve Toye||23/11/2017||0||21/03/2018|
|512||3||1.284||Assay||84||86||0||84.0 - 86.0||%||22/03/2018||Steve Toye||23/11/2017||0||21/03/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.