Phosphoric Acid 17% w/w
- More Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Why should you Buy Phosphoric Acid 17% w/w from ReAgent?
- We supply phosphoric acid 17% w/w in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- MSDS is available to download from our website
- We also offer further options with all our products, from custom packaging to bulk quantities
- Simply contact us for further information or free technical advice
About phosphoric acid
With the formula H3PO4, the name phosphoric acid may refer to a variety of P-containing compounds. However, typically, the name phosphoric acid is used for orthophosphoric acid. The prefix ortho serves to distinguish from polyphosphoric acids.
This compound has some particularly interesting properties, including the fact that its conjugate base – dihydrogen phosphate H2PO4– – has a conjugate base – hydrogen phosphate HPO42- – which in turn also has a conjugate base – phosphate PO43-.
In water, this compound forms a colourless, odourless but rather viscous solution. As the concentration increases, the solution gets more viscous, but even at very high concentrations, it’s still pourable. In this case, at least some of the orthophosphoric acid is converted to polyphosphoric, but the description in the label indicates the concentration as if it was all orthophosphoric acid.
Common applications for phosphoric acid include:
- Used in many chemical reactions
- Rust inhibitor
- Food additive (E338)
- Industrial Etchant
- Dispersing agent
- Home cleaning agent
- Electrolyte in phosphoric acid fuel cells
- Used in dentistry as an etching solution
- Buffer in biology and chemistry, for example, in HPLC
- Catalyst in the hydration of alkenes
- Copper electropolishing
- Chelating agent
- Hydroponics (to control pH and as fertiliser)
- pH regulator in cosmetic products
Open an account with us
If you’re one of our many regular customers, you may wish to open an account with us to process your orders quicker and easier. Simply contact our sales team on 0800 990 3258 and a member of staff will guide you through the process.
|4.424||1||2.114||Assay||16||17||17||16.5 - 17.5||%w/w||23/11/2017||Steve Toye||21/11/2016||0||22/11/2017|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.