Perchloric Acid 0.1M in Glacial Acetic Acid
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Looking for Perchloric Acid 0.1M in Glacial Acetic Acid?
- ReAgent supply Perchloric Acid 0.1M in Glacial Acetic Acid in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for orders over 4 items
- Full MSDS sheet can be downloaded from our website
- We also offer many other options with all our products, from personalised labelling to bespoke products
About Perchloric Acid 0.1M in Glacial Acetic Acid
With the formula HClO4, perchloric acid is an inorganic acid forming a colourless solution stronger than nitric and sulphuric acid. Industrially, this compound is used to prepare ammonium perchlorate, which is used as a rocket fuel.
How is it produced?
Perchloric Acid 0.1M in Glacial Acetic Acid can be synthesised industrially by two different routes:
- Reaction with hydrochloric acid: The more traditional method involves mixing sodium perchlorate (NaClO4) and hydrochloric acid (HCl) to generate perchloric acid (HClO4) and precipitate sodium chloride (NaCl):NaClO4 HCl → NaCl HClO4
- Oxidation of chlorine: This alternative process avoids the synthesis of salts by oxidation of chlorine using a platinum electrode.
What is perchloric acid used for?
As mentioned, perchloric acid is a common ingredient in the process to manufacture ammonium perchlorate, used as a rocket fuel. But there are also many other applications, including:
- Etching of liquid crystal displays
- Etching of molybdenum, aluminium and other elements
- Electronic applications
- Analytical chemistry
- Ore extraction
- Ion-exchange chromatography
How safe is perchloric acid?
Due to its strong acidic and oxidising properties, safe procedures to handle this chemical must be in place. It’s also highly reactive in the presence of organic matter and metals, so work with this chemicals must be conducted in fume hoods by trained staff only.
Open an account with us
If you place regular orders, we offer the possibility to open an account with us. If you wish to do so, simply contact our sales team and a member will be glad to assist you. We also offer free technical advice about all our products.
|945||1||1.060||Molarity||0||0||0||0.0998 - 0.1002||M||24/05/2018||Barbara||06/07/2004||0||23/05/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.