Perchloric Acid 0.1M in Glacial Acetic Acid
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Looking for Perchloric Acid 0.1M in Glacial Acetic Acid?
- ReAgent supply Perchloric Acid 0.1M in Glacial Acetic Acid in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for orders over 4 items
- Full MSDS sheet can be downloaded from our website
- We also offer many other options with all our products, from personalised labelling to bespoke products
About Perchloric Acid 0.1M in Glacial Acetic Acid
With the formula HClO4, perchloric acid is an inorganic acid forming a colourless solution stronger than nitric and sulphuric acid. Industrially, this compound is used to prepare ammonium perchlorate, which is used as a rocket fuel.
How is it produced?
Perchloric Acid 0.1M in Glacial Acetic Acid can be synthesised industrially by two different routes:
- Reaction with hydrochloric acid: The more traditional method involves mixing sodium perchlorate (NaClO4) and hydrochloric acid (HCl) to generate perchloric acid (HClO4) and precipitate sodium chloride (NaCl):NaClO4 HCl → NaCl HClO4
- Oxidation of chlorine: This alternative process avoids the synthesis of salts by oxidation of chlorine using a platinum electrode.
What is perchloric acid used for?
As mentioned, perchloric acid is a common ingredient in the process to manufacture ammonium perchlorate, used as a rocket fuel. But there are also many other applications, including:
- Etching of liquid crystal displays
- Etching of molybdenum, aluminium and other elements
- Electronic applications
- Analytical chemistry
- Ore extraction
- Ion-exchange chromatography
How safe is perchloric acid?
Due to its strong acidic and oxidising properties, safe procedures to handle this chemical must be in place. It’s also highly reactive in the presence of organic matter and metals, so work with this chemicals must be conducted in fume hoods by trained staff only.
Open an account with us
If you place regular orders, we offer the possibility to open an account with us. If you wish to do so, simply contact our sales team and a member will be glad to assist you. We also offer free technical advice about all our products.
|945||1||1060S||Molarity||0||0||0||0.0998 - 0.1002||M||16/07/2018||Barbara||06/07/2004||0||13/07/2018|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1060||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|1060||H226||Flammable liquid and vapour.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1060||P260||Do not breathe vapour/ spray.|
|1060||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|1060||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|1060||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1060||P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|1060||P301+P330+P331||IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.|
|ADR/RID Shipping Name||CORROSIVE LIQUID, FLAMMABLE, N.O.S. (ACETIC ACID, PERCHLORIC ACID|
|ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|