Nitric Acid 65% w/v
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Why should you Buy Nitric Acid 65% w/v from ReAgent?
- We sell nitric acid 65% in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- This product is sold with 64.8% to 65.2% concentration and minimum levels of impurities, including less than 0.5ppm chloride, 1 ppm fluoride and 5ppm non-volatile matter (Full details can be found on the Sales Product Specification, available to download from our website)
- We also offer further options with all our products, including bespoke blending and bulk quantities
Chemical and physical properties
- Name: Nitric acid
- Molecular formula: HNO3
- Molecular weight: 62.99 g/mol
- Appearance: Colourless to light yellow liquid, with an acrid and suffocating odour
- Highly hygroscopic
- Boiling point: 83 degree Celsius (181 Fahrenheit)
- Melting point: -41.6 degree Celsius (-44 Fahrenheit)
- Solubility: Very soluble in water
- Decomposition: Under high humidity or temperature, it decomposes to nitrogen peroxide, nitrogen oxide and hydrogen nitrate
- Corrosivity: Classed as highly caustic and corrosive
Safety and hazards
- Not combustible, but may enhance risk of combustion for other compounds
- Can release toxic fumes in a fire
- There is a risk of fire and explosion on contact with organic materials
- May stain the skin yellow
- If inhaled, may cause difficulty breathing and sore throat
- Nitric acid is a strong oxidant, and it may react violently with combustible and reducing compounds
- Nitric acid is also a strong acid, and may react violently with alkaline compounds and metals
- Nitric acid may react with organic compounds
Over 30 years’ experience
ReAgent has been in the market for over 30 years, and during that time as a chemical manufacturer, we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. If you need help, a member of our customer service team will be glad to help before, during and after your purchase. Simply contact us for further information or free technical advice.
|1.924||1||2.485||Nitric Acid||64||65||65||64.8 - 65.2||% w/v||19/03/2018||Darren||07/02/2008||0||16/03/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3565||Nitric Acid 65% w/v||publish||2485||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 2485 - SDS11318.pdf|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.