Nitric Acid 0.1M
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Why should you buy Nitric Acid 0.1M from ReAgent?
- We supply nitric acid 0.1M in 2.5L containers, with bulk discounts available for orders over 4 items
- We also offer a wide range of other nitric acid products, covering a wide range of applications and concentrations
- Full MSDS is available to download from our website
What is nitric acid used for?
Nitric acid can be used in many different applications, from fertiliser to rocket propellant:
- Fertiliser: The main application for nitric acid is in the manufacture of fertilisers. In this case, nitric acid is neutralised in the presence of ammonia to produce ammonium nitrate.
- Precursor: Nitric acid is also a common chemical precursor of many nitrogen compounds via a nitration reaction. This is a popular method, as a nitro group is very versatile, from explosives to dyes.
- Rocket propellant: This acid can be used in liquid-fuelled rockets, typically as the oxidising agent. In this case, white or red fuming nitric acid is used, either by itself or mixed with sulphuric acid.
- Analytical reagent: In mass spectrometry analysis, diluted solutions of citric acid – 0.5 to 5% – can be used to determine the presence of metal in solutions. In this type of analysis, ultra-pure solutions are used to ensure accurate results.
- Woodworking: Typically in a 10% solution, nitric acid can be used to give maple and pine an aged look. The result is a grey/gold colouration akin to old fashion wax used in wood finishing
- Etchant: Taking advantage of its corrosivity, nitric acid can be used for etching metals. A nital solution, for example, contains water, alcohol and nitric acid.
- Cleaning agent: Solutions of 5-30% nitric acid mixed with phosphoric acid are commonly used to clean equipment in dairy farms. This solution is ideal to remove calcium and magnesium precipitates.
All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours after purchase. We offer a wide range of products, from clinical reagents to specialist buffers. If you have a specific need, we also offer bespoke products or products manufactured to the highest standards, including worldwide pharmacopoeias (BP, EP, CP, and others).
|944||1||1.056||Molarity||0||0||0||0.0998 - 0.1002||M||25/04/2018||Nicola||07/08/2012||0||24/04/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.