Muriatic Acid (Analytical Use)
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Looking for Muriatic Acid for Analytical Use?
- We supply muriatic acid for analytical use in 2.5L and 25L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- This product is sold as a 35-37% solution, with minimum levels of impurities (Details can be found in the Sales Product Specification which can be downloaded from our website)
- We also offer further options with all our products, from customised labelling to specific pack sizes
Common uses for muriatic acid
This compound can be used industrially in a variety of reactions:
- Used in the synthesis of organic compounds: Muriatic acid can be used in the manufacture of several organic compounds, including vinyl chloride, dichloroethane, activated carbon and bisphenol A as well as many pharmaceutical products.Example 1: oxychlorination to produce dichloroethane2 CH2=CH2 4 HCl O2 → 2 ClCH2CH2Cl 2 H2OExample 2: chemical activation to produce activated carbon
wood heat HCl → activated carbon
- Used in the synthesis of inorganic compounds: In addition, muriatic acid can also be used to synthesise inorganic compounds, involving mostly acid-base reactions. These include, for example, iron(III) chloride from magnetite (Fe2O3), commonly used as flocculation agent in sewage treatment.Fe2O3 6 HCl → 2 FeCl3 3 H2OOther examples include nickel(II) chloride used in electroplating; zinc chloride used in galvanizing; and calcium chloride applied to roads in cold weather.
- Regeneration of ion exchangers: Muriatic acid can also be used to regenerate ion exchange resins. This acid is typically used to remove calcium and sodium ions (Ca2 and Na , respectively) from aqueous solutions to produce demineralised water, replacing them with H ions.
Our quality promise
All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours after purchase. Contact us if you need help with your order or free technical advice. A member of our customer service team with be glad to assist before, during and after your purchase.
|393||1||1.207||1.18 Specific Gravity||0||0||0||19/03/2018||Barbara||30/06/2004||0||16/03/2018|
|395||3||1.207||Assay||35||37||0||35 - 37||%||19/03/2018||Barbara||30/06/2004||0||16/03/2018|
|396||4||1.207||Maximum Limits of Impurities||0||0||0||19/03/2018||Barbara||30/06/2004||0||16/03/2018|
|402||10||1.207||Non Volatile Matter||0||10||0||<10||ppm||19/03/2018||Steve Toye||25/07/2016||0||16/03/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3481||Muriatic Acid (Analytical Use)||publish||1207||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1207 - SDS11756.pdf|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.