Muriatic Acid 0.02M (0.02N)
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Looking for Muriatic Acid 0.02M (.0.2N)?
- We sell muriatic acid 0.02M (0.02N) in 2.5L containers with discounts available for bulk orders over 4 items
- In addition to muriatic acid 0.02M (0.02N), we can also supply a wide range of concentrations and applications, including for laboratory and analytical use
- Full MSDS Safety Sheet can be downloaded from our website
- We also offer further options with all our products, including custom packing and different grades
How is Muriatic Acid Produced?
This compound can be synthesised by different methods:
- Menheim Process: the reaction between sodium chloride (or potassium chloride) and sulphuric acid at high temperatures (600°C).
- Meyer Process: the reaction between sodium bisulphite and sodium chloride at 400-800°C.
- Hargreaves Process: the exothermic reaction between sulphur dioxide, salt and steam.
- Hydrogen and chlorine having a direct reaction
- As a by-product of chlorination of organic compounds
Roughly, by-product sources are the most popular method, representing around 90% of reported HCl production in recent years, with salt accounting for 3-4%, and chlorine burning 5-10%.
This compound may contain many different types of impurities, such as chlorinate hydrocarbons, heavy metals and free chlorine, depending on the process of manufacture. Impurities need to be removed by purification methods after synthesis, including removing suspended solids, stripping, condensation, cooling and ion exchange.
Over 40 Years’ Experience
We’ve been established in the market as a chemical manufacturer for over 30 years, and during that period, we’ve built an enviable reputation for high-quality products and excellent customer service.
All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours after purchase.
In addition to muriatic acid, we offer a wide range of products from one-of-a-kind test kits and clinical reagents, to petrochemicals and bespoke solutions.
|942||1||1047S||Molarity||0||0||0||0.01996 - 0.02004||M||17/01/2019||Darren||31/01/2013||0||16/01/2019|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|ADR/RID Shipping Name||HYDROCHLORIC ACID|
|ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|ADR/RID Packing Group||III|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|