Muriatic Acid 0.02M (0.02N)
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Looking for Muriatic Acid 0.02M (.0.2N)?
- We sell muriatic acid 0.02M (0.02N) in 2.5L containers with discounts available for bulk orders over 4 items
- In addition to muriatic acid 0.02M (0.02N), we can also supply a wide range of concentrations and applications, including for laboratory and analytical use
- Full MSDS Safety Sheet can be downloaded from our website
- We also offer further options with all our products, including custom packing and different grades
How is muriatic acid produced?
This compound can be synthesised by different methods:
- By reaction between sodium chloride (or potassium chloride) and sulphuric acid at high temperatures (600 degree Celsius). This reaction is called the Menheim process.
- By a reaction between sodium bisulphite and sodium chloride at 400-800 degree Celsius (Meyer process)
- By an exothermic reaction between sulphur dioxide, salt and steam (Hargreaves process)
- By a direct reaction between hydrogen and chlorine
- As a by-product of chlorination of organic compounds
- Roughly, by-product sources are the most popular, representing around 90% of reported HCl production in recent years, with salt accounting for 3-4%, and chlorine burning 5-10%.
This compound may contain many different types of impurities, such as chlorinate hydrocarbons, heavy metals and free chlorine, depending on the process of manufacture. Impurities need to be removed by purification methods after synthesis, including removing suspended solids, stripping, condensation, cooling and ion exchange.
Over 30 years’ experience
We’ve been established in the market as a chemical manufacturer for over 30 years, and during that period, we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours after purchase. In addition to muriatic acid, we offer a wide range of products from one-of-a-kind test kits and clinical reagents, to petrochemicals and bespoke solutions.
|942||1||1.047||Molarity||0||0||0||0.01996 - 0.02004||M||19/03/2018||Darren||31/01/2013||0||16/03/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.