Monoethylene Glycol (Laboratory Use)
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Looking for monoethylene glycol for laboratory use?
· We supply monoethylene glycol for laboratory use in 2.5L and 25L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
· This product is sold with impurities not exceeding 0.2% water and 0.003% acetic acid (further information can be found in the Sales Product Specification, available to download from our website)
· All our products also come with further options, including personalise packaging and specific pack sizes
Chemical and physical properties of monoethylene glycol
· Common name: Monoethylene glycol
· Alternative names: 1,2-ethanediol, ethylene glycol, ethane-1,2-diol
· Molecular formula: C2H6O2
· Molecular weight: 62 g/ mol
· Appearance: odourless colourless viscous hygroscopic solution
· Boiling point: 198 degree Celsius (388 Fahrenheit)
· Melting point: -13 degree Celsius (9 Fahrenheit)
· Flash point: 36- to 550 degree Celsius (182 to 287 Fahrenheit)
· Auto-ignition: About 360 degree Celsius
· Solubility: soluble in water, alcohol and other organic solvents, but only slightly soluble in aliphatic hydrocarbons
· Stability: Glycols are generally stable in air and in solution. In addition, these solutions do not become rancid or allow bacterial growth.
· Decomposition: when heated it can release toxic and irritating fumes
· Corrosivity: can corrode some plastics
· Fire hazard: combustible
· Contact with eyes and skin: may cause redness and pain if in contact with eyes, as well as dry skin
· Inhalation hazard: Can cause headache, dizziness and cough if inhaled
· Ingestion hazard: Can cause abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, as well as unconsciousness if ingested
100% quality guarantee
All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours after purchase. If you need help, a member of staff will be glad to assist you before, during and after your order to ensure our product meets your needs. We also offer free technical advice for all our products. Simply contact us for further information.
|363||3||1.259||Weight per ml at 20°C||1||1||0||1.114 - 1.1156||g||22/03/2018||Steve Toye||20/10/2016||0||21/03/2018|
|364||4||1.259||Colour, Pt-Co||0||5||0||<5||Pt-Co||22/03/2018||Steve Toye||20/10/2016||0||21/03/2018|
|366||6||1.259||Acidity (Acetic Acid)||0||0||0||0.003||%||22/03/2018||Barbara||29/06/2004||0||21/03/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3419||Monoethylene Glycol (Laboratory Use)||publish||1259||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1259 - SDS20383.pdf|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.