Methylene Chloride/Acetic Acid 4:1
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Need Methylene Chloride / Acetic Acid 4:1?
- We offer a solution 4:1 methylene chloride / acetic acid in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- Full MSDS sheet available to download from our website
- We also offer many other options with all our products, including bespoke blending or personalised labelling
Physical and chemical properties
- Appearance: Liquid solution
- Colour: Colourless
- Odour: Penetrating strong odour, similar to chloroform
- Solubility: Miscible with water
- Stability: Stable under normal conditions
- Decomposition: Can decompose to carbon monoxide (CO), hydrogen chloride (HCl) and phosgene (COCl2) at high temperatures
- Corrosivity: Methylene chloride may attack plastics and rubber. May react with strong oxidants, strong bases and metals such as aluminium and magnesium powder.
What happens after skin contact, inhalation or ingestion?
After skin contact, ingestion or inhalation, methylene chloride can be rapidly absorbed in the skin, gastrointestinal tract and lungs. Of these three ways, absorption through the skin is the slowest. Most methylene chloride can be excreted via exhaled air, but a small portion can cross the placenta and mammary gland. The remainder is metabolised either directly or indirectly via formaldehyde to carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide. If not treated, exposure to methylene chloride can be fatal due to irreversible effects on the central nervous system.
Affected internal organs include the liver and kidneys, as well as the nervous and respiratory systems. Studies also show an increase in the development of tumours in lab animals, but results in humans are not conclusive.
Over 30 years’ experience
ReAgent has been an established chemical manufacturer for over 30 years, and during that period we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. A member of staff is always at hand to assist you before, during and after your purchase to ensure our products meet your expectations.
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.