- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Buy methylene blue from UK leading specialists ReAgent
Buy methylene blue from UK leading specialists ReAgent Chemicals. We can supply this compound in 100g containers, with discounts available for bulk buyers.
Methylene blue, with the formula C16H18SCl, is a heterocyclic aromatic compound used in a variety of fields, from biology to chemistry. Curiously, as a solid it forms an odourless green powder, which produces a deep blue solution when dissolved in water. Should not be confused with methyl blue or methyl violet, which are common stain and pH indicators.
Many different applications
This compound has many different uses, ranging from redox indictor to treatment for malaria:
- Widely used as a redox indicator: solution turns from blue to colourless in the presence of a reducing compound
- Can also be used as a peroxide generator: releases a single oxygen atom when exposed to light
- Water testing: Known as an MBAS assay, it can detect surfactants, such as phosphates, sulfonates, carboxylates or sulphates
- Used as a dye in many biology-related areas: Can be used to stain RNA and DNA or differentiate between live and dead cells, for example.
- Used to treat fungal infections in fish
- Common ingredient in drugs prescribed as urinary analgesic and anti-spasmodic
- Was used as a treatment for malaria, but has been replaced with alternative treatments as most patients disliked that fact that it turned urine green
- Can be used in the treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Used in the treatment of blood disorder, methemoglobinemia
- Very useful in cases of extremely low blood pressure after heart surgery, such as cardiac by-pass
- Used in the treatment of potassium cyanide poisoning
- Used as a dye in various situations, from detecting urinary leaks to endoscopies to remove polyps
- Recently used in a new drug to prevent the development of Alzheimer’s disease
Always a friendly service
At ReAgent, we strive to offer all our customers a friendly service. Our products, including methylene blue, come with a 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24-hours. If you have any queries, please simply contact us for a quote or technical advice.
|3.414||1||2.441||Dye Content||98||100||0||>98||%||24/05/2018||Abbie Thornhill||09/01/2017||0||23/05/2018|
|2.310||2||2.441||Loss on Drying||8||15||0||8 - 15||%||24/05/2018||Steve Toye||07/06/2017||0||23/05/2018|
|2.309||3||2.441||Appearance||0||0||0||Dark Green Powder||24/05/2018||Steve Toye||07/06/2017||0||23/05/2018|
|3.415||4||2.441||Suitable for microscopy||0||0||0||23/05/2018||Steve Toye||07/06/2017||0||23/05/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.