Iron Chloride (FeCl3)
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
How do we supply iron(III) chloride?
- We supply iron chloride in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- This product is sold with >40% w/w purity levels
- Maximum levels of impurities include 1% ferrous content and 1% free acid
- We also offer many other options with all our products, including custom packaging and different grades
About iron chloride
- Also called ferric chloride, this compound (FeCl3) is a popular ingredient in many industrial processes.
- It has the interesting property of changing colour depending on which angle you look at the crystals: with reflected light it appears green, but changes to purple with transmitted light.
- It can be present in molysite, but this is a rare mineral.
- It forms hydrated hydrogen chloride in moist air
- When added to an aqueous solution, it undergoes hydrolysis in an exothermic fashion
- It forms a highly acidic and corrosive solution in water, which is commonly used as a flocculant in sewage and water treatment
- It can also be used as an etchant in the manufacture of printed circuit boards
- Finally, in an anhydrous form, it’s used as a catalyst in organic synthesis
- This compound is considered highly toxic and corrosive, so protective clothing such as gloves and eye goggles must be worn at all times
- Both aqueous solutions and anhydrous forms can be dangerous
- This compound can be harmful if ingested, inhaled or in direct contact with skin. In this case, it may cause abdominal pain, vomiting and even collapse
- In case of fire, it’s not combustible, but it can release toxic fumes including chlorine and hydrogen chloride
- MSDS sheet is available to download from our website
All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours. With over 30 years’ experience in the field, we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. Simply contact us for further information or free technical advice.
|443||1||1.032||Assay||39||41||39.00 - 41.00||% w/w||23/02/2018||Steve Toye||09/09/2016||0||22/02/2018|
|4.348||2||1.032||Density @ 20'C||1||1||1.4156 - 1.4428||g/L||23/02/2018||Steve Toye||09/09/2016||0||22/02/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.