- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
How do we supply iodine 0.005M?
- ReAgent supply iodine 0.005M in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- We also supply iodine, iodine indicator and 0.05M solutions
- Full MSDS sheet is available to download from our website
- We also offer other options with all our products, from specific pack sizes to customised packaging
What can iodine be used for?
Iodine can be used for a variety of industrial and medical applications, including:
- Production of ethylenediamine dihydroioide, used in livestock feeds
- Used as catalyst in the synthesis of acetic acid
- Iodine can also be used as a disinfectant, with examples including tincture of iodine (iodine dissolved in alcohol or iodine and sodium iodide dissolved in water and alcohol) and Lugol’s iodine (iodine mixed in water)
- This element is very useful as an indicator in analytical chemistry to identify strong oxidising and reducing agents, as well as starch and alkenes
- Used to detect fake notes, typically made of starch-containing paper. Any marks made on fake notes appear as blue, whereas in real notes they appear as faint yellow or clear.
- Was used in the past as an expectorant, but this practice is increasingly uncommon
- Used to treat several thyroid conditions, such as block the uptake of iodine-131 in patients exposed to radiation
- Iodine is also used as a radiocontrast agent in certain x-ray techniques such as angiography and CT scanning
- Used in the process of purification of some rare elements, including titanium, zirconium and hafnium
- Popular ingredient in photographic film
- Used in the food industry as a food colouring agent
- Precursor in the manufacture of common surfactants
- Can be used in the clandestine manufacture of methamphetamine
We always offer a friendly service
With over 30 years’ experience in the field, we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. If you need any assistance, a member of staff will be glad to help or before, during and after your purchase to ensure our products meet your expectations.
|1.340||1||1050S||Iodine||0||0||0||0.004985 - 0.005015||M||23/06/2018||Darren||24/12/2004||0||22/06/2018|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|