- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
How do we supply iodine 0.005M?
- ReAgent supply iodine 0.005M in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- We also supply iodine, iodine indicator and 0.05M solutions
- Full MSDS sheet is available to download from our website
- We also offer other options with all our products, from specific pack sizes to customised packaging
What can iodine be used for?
Iodine can be used for a variety of industrial and medical applications, including:
- Production of ethylenediamine dihydroioide, used in livestock feeds
- Used as catalyst in the synthesis of acetic acid
- Iodine can also be used as a disinfectant, with examples including tincture of iodine (iodine dissolved in alcohol or iodine and sodium iodide dissolved in water and alcohol) and Lugol’s iodine (iodine mixed in water)
- This element is very useful as an indicator in analytical chemistry to identify strong oxidising and reducing agents, as well as starch and alkenes
- Used to detect fake notes, typically made of starch-containing paper. Any marks made on fake notes appear as blue, whereas in real notes they appear as faint yellow or clear.
- Was used in the past as an expectorant, but this practice is increasingly uncommon
- Used to treat several thyroid conditions, such as block the uptake of iodine-131 in patients exposed to radiation
- Iodine is also used as a radiocontrast agent in certain x-ray techniques such as angiography and CT scanning
- Used in the process of purification of some rare elements, including titanium, zirconium and hafnium
- Popular ingredient in photographic film
- Used in the food industry as a food colouring agent
- Precursor in the manufacture of common surfactants
- Can be used in the clandestine manufacture of methamphetamine
We always offer a friendly service
With over 30 years’ experience in the field, we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. If you need any assistance, a member of staff will be glad to help or before, during and after your purchase to ensure our products meet your expectations.
|1.340||1||1.050||Iodine||0||0||0||0.004985 - 0.005015||M||19/03/2018||Darren||24/12/2004||0||16/03/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.