- More Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Why Buy Hydrochloric Acid (Analytical Use)?
- Appearance: Liquid
- Formula: HCR
- Boiling point (degrees Celsius): Not determined
- Melting point (degrees Celsius): Not determined
- Relative density: Approx. 1.18 @20 degrees Celsius
- CAS No.: 7647-01-0
Buy Hydrochloric Acid (Analytical Use) in the UKReAgent is a dedicated supplier of hydrochloric acid for analytical use in both 2.5L and 25L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders. Our product assays between 35-37% and minimum levels of impurities, including 5ppm sulphate, 2ppm chlorine, 0.5 ppm iron, 0.02 ppm arsenic, 0.5 ppm lead 0.001% non-volatile matter.We also offer other options, including customised labelling or specific pack sizes. Contact us for further information, free technical advice, or to simply see what we can do for you.
Uses for Hydrochloric AcidAnalytical grade hydrochloric acid is used in many different applications, including:
- Pickling of steel: Hydrochloric acid can be used to remove iron oxide (rust) from steel or iron before other treatments, including galvanising and extrusion. Usually an 18% solution is used for this application. The resultant iron(II) chloride (ferrous chloride) can sometimes be re-used, but only if it contains low levels of high heavy-metals. To overcome this problem, researchers have developed processes to regenerate hydrochloric acid, including pyrohydrolysis according to the following reaction: 4 FeCl2 4 H2O O2 → 8 HCl 2 Fe2O3
- pH control: Hydrochloric acid can be used to regulate the pH in many different reactions, including treatment of swimming pools; neutralising waste water and in pharmaceutical solutions.
- Ion exchange resins: Good quality hydrochloric acid can be used to regenerate ion exchange resins. In this case, hydrochloric acid is used to remove cations from the resins, with H replacing Na and Ca2 , for example.
Hydrochloric Acid SafetyCorrect precautions must be taken at all times regarding the storage and handling of hydrochloric acid. This chemical is corrosive to the skin and eyes and can also cause respiratory problems such as inflammation or ulceration of the respiratory tract, and/or pulmonary edema.Please refer to the Materal Data Safety sheet provided (MSDS) for full instructions on using and storing analytical grade hydrochloric acid.
|393||1||1.207||1.18 Specific Gravity||0||0||0||16/08/2017||Barbara||30/06/2004||0||16/08/2017|
|395||3||1.207||Assay||35||37||0||35 - 37||%||16/08/2017||Barbara||30/06/2004||0||16/08/2017|
|396||4||1.207||Maximum Limits of Impurities||0||0||0||16/08/2017||Barbara||30/06/2004||0||16/08/2017|
|402||10||1.207||Non Volatile Matter||0||10||0||<10||ppm||16/08/2017||Steve Toye||25/07/2016||0||16/08/2017|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.