Hydrochloric Acid 30% w/w low in calcium
- More Information
- Shipping Statements
Why Buy Hydrochloric Acid (30% w/w low in calcium) from ReAgent Chemicals?
We can supply hydrochloric acid 30% w/w low in calcium in 5L containers, with bulk discounts available. We also offer further options, from bespoke blending and different grades available. Simply contact us for more information or free technical advice.
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Name: Hydrochloric acid
- Other names: muriatic acid, hydrogen chloride
- Molecular formula: HCl
- Molecular weight: 36.4
- Appearance: Colourless solution with a pungent irritating smell
- Boiling point: -85.05 degree Celsius at 760 mm Hg (-121 Fahrenheit)
- Melting point: -114.22 degree Celsius (-174 Fahrenheit)
- Solubility: soluble in water, methanol and ethanol, ether
- Density: 1,00045 g/l
- Stability: high thermal stability
- Corrosivity: highly corrosive, with flammable hydrogen emitted when in contact with air. Can attack some plastics and rubber.
- Reactions: Hydrochloric acid can react violently with bases and strong oxidisers, resulting in the release of toxic chlorine gas.
- Method of production: This acid can be obtained from four sources: (1) as a by-product of the oxychlorination or oxyhydrochlorination of organic compounds; (2) via the Manheim process, involving reaction between sulphuric acid and salt; (3) via the Hargreaves process, involving a reaction between salt, sulphur dioxide, oxygen and water and (4) by burning hydrogen gas and chlorine. The first method accounts for the vast majority of hydrochloric acid produced (around 90%), while the remaining methods represent only niche applications.
100% Technical Support
We offer continuous support to all our clients and a member of staff will be glad to help you before, during and after your purchase to ensure our product meets your needs. We’ve been a chemical manufacturer for over 3 decades, and during that period have supplied many different businesses, from pharmaceutical companies to large industrial household names.
|Total Hardness||<0.9||ppm Ca|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|2038||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|2038||H290||May be corrosive to metals.|
|2038||H335||May cause respiratory irritation.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|2038||P260||Do not breathe vapour/ spray.|
|2038||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|2038||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|2038||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|2038||P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|2038||P271||Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.|
|2.038||ADR/RID Shipping Name||HYDROCHLORIC ACID|
|2.038||ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|2.038||ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3493||Hydrochloric Acid 30% w/w low in calcium||publish||2038||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 2038 - SDS11762.pdf|