Glycerol / Glycerine / Glycerin (General Use)
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Why Buy Glycerol/Glycerine/Glycerin (General Use) Online from UK Chemical Suppliers, ReAgent Chemicals?
We supply glycerol/glycerine/glycerin for general use in 500 ml, 2.45 L and 25 L containers, as well as 200 L drums and 1,000 L IBC. Some options have discounts available for bulk orders over 4 items, but please contact us for further information. We also offer more options with all our products, including different grades and specific pack sizes.
Chemical and physical properties of glycerol
- Name: Glycerol / glycerin / glycerine
- Molecular formula: C3H8(OH)3
- Molecular weight: 92,09382 g/mol
- Appearance: Clear, colourless, odourless, syrup solution (or solid below 64 Fahrenheit) with a sweet taste
- Boiling point: 290 degree Celsius (554 Fahrenheit)
- Melting point: 18 degree Celsius (64 Fahrenheit)
- Solubility: Miscible with water, acetone, ethanol and ethyl ether, but insoluble in petroleum ether, carbon disulfide, chloroform, carbon tetrachloride and benzene
- Stability: Solutions in water, ethanol and propylene glycol are stable, but glycerol may crystallise if stored at low temperatures (crystals only re-melt at temperatures above 20 degree Celsius)
- Decomposition: Pure solutions are very resilient to oxidation under normal conditions, but it can decompose if heated, producing acrolein, which can become toxic in high concentrations.
- Metabolism: After ingestion, glycerol is quickly absorbed in the stomach and intestines and distributed as an energy source around the body. This compound can be phosphorylated to glycerophosphate in the liver and kidneys by an enzyme called glycerol kinase and then used in normal metabolic pathways. Alternatively, glycerol is combined with free fatty acids to produce triglycerides, which are stored in adipose tissues.
Every product you buy from ReAgent is backed by our 100% quality guarantee. We also offer free technical advice to answer all your questions before, during and after purchasing from us, to ensure you’re happy with our service.
|2.606||1||2593S||Assay||99||100||0||99.5 - 100.5||%||17/01/2019||Steve Toye||10/10/2016||0||17/01/2019|
|2.607||2||2593S||Refractive Index||1||1||0||1.471 - 1.474||17/01/2019||Steve Toye||15/03/2017||0||03/05/2017|
|2.608||2||2593S||Specific Gravity||1||0||>1.26||17/01/2019||Abbie Thornhill||20/06/2017||0||17/01/2019|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3443||Glycerol / Glycerine / Glycerin (General Use)||publish||2593||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 2593 - SDS20981.pdf|