Citric Acid (Laboratory Use)
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Why buy Citric Acid (Laboratory use) online from UK Chemical suppliers, ReAgent Chemicals?
We supply citric acid (laboratory use) with a minimum 99.5% purity in 500g containers with discounts available for bulk orders. We also offer further options, with this and all our products, such as customised labelling or specific pack sizes.
About citric acid
Some of the most important chemical and physical properties include:
- Citric acid is a weak acid, with properties similar to other carboxylic acids
- Molecular Formula: C6H8O7
- Molecular mass: 192.12 g/mol
- Odour: odourless
- Taste: Strong acidic taste
- Melting and boiling point: 156 degree Celsius and 310 degree Celsius, respectively
- Appearance: translucent to white crystals
- Highly hygroscopic
- Exists as anhydrous or monohydrate forms: the water-free version crystalises hot water, while the water-containing form crystalises from cold water
- Decomposes at temperatures above 175 degree Celsius by losing carbon dioxide and water
- Solubility: soluble in water, ethanol, ether and ethyl acetate; insoluble in toluene, benzene, and chloroform
Common applications for citric acid include:
- Natural preservative and conservative
- Food additive, acidifier, food colouring and flavouring
- Chelating agents and anticoagulants
- Cleaning products, particularly useful to remove limescale
- Cosmetics, as a pH regulator (typically classed as used in the process of manufacture and it doesn’t need to be included in the list of ingredients)
- Pharmaceuticals, with citric acid a popular ingredient in effervescent antiacid powders and tablets
- Photography, to stop the process of developing film (photographic developers have a high pH, so a mild acid can neutralise their action quickly)
- Chemical intermediate for esters and salts
- Used in analytical chemistry to assess the presence of reducing sugars (present in Benedict’s Reagent)
- Used in the construction industry, to protect steel against corrosion
Over 30 years experience
With over 30 years’ experience in the field, we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours of purchase.
|311||2||1.513||Assay (anhydrous)||99||100||0||Minimum 99.5||%||23/02/2018||Darren||18/08/2004||0||22/02/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.