- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Buy Brick Acid Online
Brick acid is a powerful cleaner you can use to remove tough debris and stains from bricks, preferably before installation.
Our high strength brick acid can be ordered directly from our website or over the phone, giving you an easy, no-fuss delivery process.
Uses of Brick Acid
When it comes to brick cleaning, brick acid is the best cleaner available. This is because of its ability to dissolve sodium carbonate, a common cause of efflorescing salts in brickwork. This makes brick acid ideal for cleaning bricks of mortar.
Brick acid can also remove dirt from the surface of bricks, as well as limescale and other surface marks. However, while it is an excellent cleaner brick acid should not be used on natural stone surfaces. This is because it could strip away the top layer and leave staining or even permanent damage. It is important to always check this before using brick acid.
- Appearance: Liquid
- Boiling point (degrees Celsius): Not determined
- Melting point (degrees Celsius): Not determined
- Relative density: Approx. 1.14 @20 degrees Celsius
- CAS No.: 7647-01-0
Our Brick Acid Is:
- Simple to use
- Strong and effective (1L covers approx. 10 sq metres)
- Available directly from dedicated manufacturers
- Available to purchase online
ReAgent are trusted UK chemical suppliers with a 100% quality guarantee with every product. When you buy brick acid from ReAgent, you get the best value for money and will receive industry-leading customer service.
We can even supply brick acid to you in a range of batch sizes and packaging materials to ensure that your needs are met.
How to Use Brick Acid
To get the most of out of your product, we recommend following the guidelines below. Please note our high strength brick acid is not necessarily a superior product – it depends entirely on your application. As a general rule, 1l of acid will cover 10 square metres, but please contact us should you have any questions.
- Always test this product on a small area first.
- We recommend diluting both the regular and high strength products. This decreases the likelihood of damaging brick, as well as reducing the overall cost, helping the product go further and making it safer to handle. Try 2 parts water to 1 part acid, followed by 1 to 1, and eventually 2 parts acid to 1 part water. Only move on to applying the concentrate after you have tried these dilutions first.
- Dampen the area you wish to clean with water before applying a diluted mixture as above. Scrub this into the brick with a hard bristled, non-metallic brush then rinse thoroughly.
- Do not handle this product with anything metallic such as brushes or buckets etc.
- Please take time to read the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) on this product thoroughly before using.
We use a strongly acidic solution which ranges from colourless to slightly yellow in colour. Please be aware this product gives off an acrid odour and is hazardous for both transport and handling purposes.
As with all of our products, our brick acid is labelled, packaged and transported in line with all relevant legal requirements, as well as our own Quality Management System. ReAgent is also accredited to ISO 9001 Quality Standard.
When using our industrial strength brick acid, ReAgent recommends the use of all necessary Personal Protective Equipment as described on the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), including suitable eye protection, suitable protective clothing and gloves.
Do not mix alkaline substances or solutions with strong acids such as brick acid. This product is not intended for consumption. Due to the industrial strength of the product it should be stored in a suitable manner away from environmental hazards.
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|2496||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|2496||H290||May be corrosive to metals.|
|2496||H335||May cause respiratory irritation.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|2496||P260||Do not breathe vapour/ spray.|
|2496||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|2496||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|2496||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|2496||P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|2496||P271||Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.|
|2.496||ADR/RID Shipping Name||HYDROCHLORIC ACID|
|2.496||ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|2.496||ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|5224||Brick Acid||publish||2496||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 2496 - SDS11767.pdf|