Boric Acid (General Use)
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Why Buy Boric Acid (General Use) Online from ReAgent Chemicals?
We supply Boric acid for general use in 500g containers and 25Kg bags, with discounts available for bulk purchases. With over 40 years’ experience in the field, we have built an enviable reputation for high-quality products and excellent customer service. Simply contact us for a quote or technical question.
Boric Acid Uses
Boric acid is an extremely versatile compound, which can be used in many different applications, from medical uses to lubricant. A few examples include:
- Medical uses: This compound is commonly used as an antiseptic and antibacterial to treat acne, athlete’s feet or other skin conditions. Diluted solutions can also be used as an eye wash or to treat mild cases of ear infection.
- Wood Preservation: Boric acid solutions are popular treatments for dry and wet rot in timber, as well as protection against fungal infections. This compound is also available in gel form or injectable paste to treat wood severely affected by rot, avoiding the need to replace. For wood used in marine environments, products containing high concentrations of boric acid can be used to prevent algae and slime growth.
- Insecticide: Boric acid can be used to control many insects, from ants to cockroaches. It basically works as a poison, affecting the insect’s metabolism. In addition, in a dry powder form, boric acid can be very abrasive to the insect but still considered safe for household use.
- Lubricant: Dissolved in oil or petroleum, boric acid forms a colloidal suspension, with remarkable lubricant properties for metal surfaces.
- pH buffer in swimming pools: Boric acid is a weak acid widely used to regulate the pH in swimming pools.
In addition to boric acid for general use, we have a range of other products with boric acid, including for laboratory and analytical use. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and we will try to confirm a delivery date within 24 working hours.
|283||2||1730S||Assay||99||101||99.0 - 101.0||%||18/09/2019||Steve Toye||11/01/2017||0||18/09/2019|
|284||3||1730S||Maximum Limits of Impurities||0||0||0||18/09/2019||Barbara||29/06/2004||0||18/09/2019|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|