Boric Acid (Laboratory Use)
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Why Buy Boric Acid (Laboratory Use) Online from UK Chemical Suppliers, ReAgent Chemicals?
ReAgent supply Boric acid for laboratory use in 500g containers and 25kg bags, with discounts available for purchases over 4 items. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually dispatched within 24 hours.
Industrial uses of boric acid
Boric acid is an extremely versatile compound, used in many different applications from manufacture of fibreglass to pyrotechnics:
- Fibreglass: The main industrial use for boric acid is in the manufacture of textile fibreglass, typically used to reinforce plastic in a wide range of applications from computer board to boats.
- Jewellery: In this field, boric acid is used with denatured alcohol to limit oxidation during soldering procedures
- Fire retarding agent: A solution of boric and acid and tetraborate decahydrate (also known as borax) is used as a fire retarding agent to treat wood.
- Ramming glass: Boric acid is used in the production of ramming glass, a fine silica powder used to line ceramics used furnaces.
- Pyrotechnics: A small amount of boric acid is used to limit the reaction between nitrates and aluminium, common ingredients in fireworks. In addition, it’s also used to produce the colour green. Interestingly, mixed in methanol, it’s a fire-juggler’s favourite to produce a green flame.
- Nuclear power: This compound is used in nuclear plants to limit the number of fission reactions. Boron-10 (around 20% of natural boron) is ideal to absorb low energy neutrons, and when added to the reactor, it limits the chances a neutron can survive and cause fission.
Over 30 years’ experience
We have over 30 years’ experience and have built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer care. In addition to a wide range of chemicals available, including boric acid for general and analytical use, we also offer bespoke products to suit your every need. Simply contact us for a quote or technical question.
|283||2||1.730||Assay||99||101||99.0 - 101.0||%||19/03/2018||Steve Toye||11/01/2017||0||16/03/2018|
|284||3||1.730||Maximum Limits of Impurities||0||0||0||19/03/2018||Barbara||29/06/2004||0||16/03/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.