Boric Acid (Laboratory Use)
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Why Buy Boric Acid (Laboratory Use) Online from ReAgent Chemicals?
ReAgent supply Boric acid for laboratory use in 500g containers and 25kg bags, with discounts available for purchases over 4 items. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually dispatched within 24 hours.
Industrial Uses of Boric Acid
Boric acid is an extremely versatile compound, used in many different applications from the manufacture of fibreglass to pyrotechnics:
- Fibreglass: The main industrial use for boric acid is in the manufacture of textile fibreglass, typically used to reinforce plastic in a wide range of applications from computer board to boats.
- Jewellery: In this field, boric acid is used with denatured alcohol to limit oxidation during soldering procedures
- Fire-retarding agent: A solution of boric and acid and tetraborate decahydrate (also known as borax) is used as a fire retarding agent to treat wood.
- Ramming glass: Boric acid is used in the production of ramming glass, a fine silica powder used to line ceramics used furnaces.
- Pyrotechnics: A small amount of boric acid is used to limit the reaction between nitrates and aluminium, common ingredients in fireworks. In addition, it’s also used to produce the colour green. Interestingly, mixed in methanol, it’s a fire-jugglers favourite to produce a green flame.
- Nuclear power: This compound is used in nuclear plants to limit the number of fission reactions. Boron-10 (around 20% of natural boron) is ideal to absorb low energy neutrons, and when added to the reactor, it limits the chances a neutron can survive and cause fission.
Over 40 Years’ Experience
We have over 40 years’ experience and have built an enviable reputation for high-quality products and excellent customer care. In addition to a wide range of chemicals available, including boric acid for general and analytical use, we also offer bespoke products to suit your every need. Simply contact us for a quote or technical question.
|283||2||1730S||Assay||99||101||99.0 - 101.0||%||17/11/2018||Steve Toye||11/01/2017||0||16/11/2018|
|284||3||1730S||Maximum Limits of Impurities||0||0||0||17/11/2018||Barbara||29/06/2004||0||16/11/2018|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1730||H360FD||May damage fertility. May damage the unborn child.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1730||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1730||P201||Obtain special instructions before use.|
|1730||P281||Use personal protective equipment as required.|
|1730||P308+P313||IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/ attention.|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|