Ammonium Thiocyanate Electrolyte
- Product Information
Looking for ammonium thiocyanate electrolyte?
· We supply ammonium thiocyanate electrolyte in 25L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
· We also offer ammonium thiocyanate 0.1M
· In addition, all our products come with further options, such as customised labelling and specific pack sizes
Chemical and physical properties of ammonium thiocyanate
· Name: ammonium thiocyanate
· Alternative names: Ammoniumrhodanid; Ammonium isothiocyanate; Thiocyanic acid, ammonium salt
· Molecular formula: CH4N2S
· Molecular weight: 76 g/mol
· Appearance: colourless and odourless crystalline solid
· Highly hygroscopic
· Melting point: 149 degree Celsius (320 Fahrenheit)
· Solubility: soluble in water, ethanol, methanol, acetone, ammonia, but insoluble in chloroform, acetonitrile and ethyl acetate
· Density: 1.3 g/mL
· Decomposition: at high temperatures it can release toxic fumes, including nitric oxide, ammonia and hydrogen cyanide
· Corrosivity: can be corrosive to brass, iron and copper
How safe is ammonium thiocyanate?
· Health hazard: Inhalation may cause irritation of throat and nose, while ingestion causes dizziness and affects the nervous system. Can also be absorbed through the skin, and prolonged contact may cause skin burns, nausea and mild disturbances to the nervous system.
· Fire hazard: In solid form it may be combustible, but not in solution
· Accidental release: in the lab, any spillages can be neutralised with sodium hypochlorite. It can pose a serious threat to the environment, as it easily penetrates the soil and contaminates groundwater.
· Protective equipment: all staff must always wear protective equipment when handling this chemical, including gloves, eye protection and a rubber or plastic apron
100% quality guarantee
All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours after purchase. If you need help, a member of our customer service team will be glad to help before, during and after your order to ensure our product meets your needs. We also offer free technical advice about all our products. Contact us for further information.
|266||1||1.011||Molarity||0||0||0||0.0998 - 0.1002||M M||21/05/2018||Barbara||06/07/2004||0||18/05/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|