Ammonium Hydroxide AR 0.91 SG
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Why Buy Ammonium Hydroxide AR 0.91 SG Online from UK Chemical Suppliers, ReAgent Chemicals?
ReAgent can supply ammonium hydroxide solution AR 0.91SG in 2.5L and 25L containers, with discounts available for bulk buyers. This solution contains about 25% NH3 and minimum levels of impurities. A detailed sales product specification can be downloaded from the website. We also offer custom packaging and personalised labelling, as well as different grades, specific pack sizes and bespoke blending to suit your needs.
What is ammonium hydroxide?
This is simply a solution of ammonia in water. Both as a gas and in solution, ammonia is a very common compound naturally found in the environment. As a testament to its importance, ammonium hydroxide is an important source of nitrogen, which is an essential nutrient to all plants. Animals also need sources of nitrogen, including ammonium hydroxide, to build proteins, a nitrogen-based structure and in several vital metabolic processes.
This compound has many different applications, including:
- In cleaning products, as the main active ingredient or included in a mix of different chemicals. It can be applied to different surfaces, from stainless steel to porcelain. Household products usually contain 5-10%, whereas industrial formulations may reach 25% ammonium hydroxide.
- In the manufacture of fertilisers, as a source of nitrogen
- As a precursor of alkyl amines (although some processes prefer to use anhydrous ammonia). Examples include hexamethylenetetramine and ethylenediamine.
- In furniture making, ammonium hydroxide is used to darken the wood, giving it a natural stained look.
- In aquariums, as a disinfectant
- In qualitative inorganic analysis, to identify the presence of copper, for example, producing a deep blue colouration in solution.
We can supply a wide range of ammonia-based products, including different grades of ammonium hydroxide solutions, with varied specific gravities. Simply contact us for a quote or technical question.
|208||1||1.198||0.91 Specific Gravity||0||0||0||23/05/2018||Darren Wilson||26/06/2017||0||23/05/2018|
|209||2||1.198||NH₃||0||0||0||M.W. 17.03||23/05/2018||Darren Wilson||26/06/2017||0||23/05/2018|
|210||3||1.198||Assay||0||0||0||about 25% NH3||24/05/2018||Barbara||29/06/2004||0||23/05/2018|
|211||4||1.198||Maximum Limits of Impurities||0||0||0||23/05/2018||Darren Wilson||26/06/2017||0||23/05/2018|
|218||11||1.198||Non Volatile Matter||0||0||0||<0.002||%||24/05/2018||Abbie Thornhill||26/06/2017||0||23/05/2018|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3317||Ammonium Hydroxide AR 0.91 SG||publish||1198||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1198 - SDS11090.pdf|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.