Ammonia Solution AR 0.89 SG
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Why Buy Ammonia Solution AR 0.89 SG Online from UK Chemical Suppliers, ReAgent Chemicals?
ReAgent can supply ammonia solution AR 0.89 SG in 1L, 2.5L and 25 L containers. Discounts are available for purchases over 4 items. We’ve been in the chemical manufacturers market for over 30 years and built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service.
Uses for ammonia
Ammonia is an extremely popular compound in industry, with many applications from fertilisers to cleaner. Most common uses include:
- Fertiliser: Over 80% of all ammonia produced is to be used in agriculture as a nitrogen source for plants. It can be used in solution or as salts.
- Precursor of N compounds: Ammonia is the most common precursor for many compounds containing nitrogen, such as nitric acid or nitric oxide.
- Cleaner: A solution of ammonia can be used as a general purpose cleaner for many household surfaces. It’s particularly useful to clean glass or stainless steel, as it leaves no streaks. Products used around the house usually range from 5 to 10% concentration.
- Fermentation: Ammonia is used as a source for nitrogen for industrial bacterial fermentation. Solutions uses range from 15 to 25% ammonia.
- Antimicrobial: Ammonia is an effective antimicrobial, destroying over 99.9% of bacteria present in food. There have been some concerns about its presence in some food items, but the level of ammonia does not reach toxic levels.
- Refrigerant: It was commonly used before the chlorofluorocarbons, and is now becoming popular once again. It’s starting to be used in industrial refrigeration applications, due to a high efficiency and low cost. However, because it’s a toxic compound its use is restricted in household applications.
- Fuel: Ammonia has been tested in different types of engine, from rocket to internal combustion engines.
- Wool: Ammonia is commonly used to pre-wash wool.
- Woodworking: Ammonia can be used to treat and darken furniture, as it reacts with the natural tannins and causes them to change colour.
Besides ammonia AR 0.89 SG, we also supply many other ammonia-containing products, including LRG and AR specifications, as well as 0.89 and 0.91 SG. Simply contact us if you need help with your order, and a member of our customer service team will be glad to assist.
|190||2||1197S||Assay||32||34||0||32.5 - 34.5||% w/w||19/08/2018||Steve Toye||23/01/2017||0||17/08/2018|
|188||3||1197S||Wt/ml @ 15'C||19/08/2018||Steve Toye||23/01/2017||0||17/08/2018|
|3.959||10||1197S||Colour||0||15||0||<15||Hazen Units||19/08/2018||Steve Toye||23/01/2017||0||17/08/2018|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1197||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|1197||H335||May cause respiratory irritation.|
|1197||H400||Very toxic to aquatic life.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1197||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|1197||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|1197||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1197||P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|1197||P273||Avoid release to the environment.|
|1197||P302+P352||IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water.|
|ADR/RID Shipping Name||AMMONIA SOLUTION|
|ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|ADR/RID Packing Group||III|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3309||Ammonia Solution AR 0.89 SG||publish||1197||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1197 - SDS11087.pdf|