Aluminium Sulphate Al2(SO4)3
- Product Information
- B2B Note
- More Options
- Questions & Answers
Why Buy Aluminium Sulphate Al2(SO4)3Online from UK Chemical Suppliers, ReAgent Chemicals?
We supply Aluminium Sulphate with a minimum 96% purity in 1 kg containers and 25 kg bags, with bulk discounts available.
Purification of drinking water
Aluminium sulphate (sometimes spelled aluminum sulfate) is a chemical compound most commonly used in the process of water purification as a flocculating agent. When added to water, it caused impurities to bind together, forming larger coagulates which settle at the bottom and are easier to remove by filtration.
With the formula Al2(SO4) it is also a double salt (or alum) following the formula AB(SO4)2.12H2O, where both A and B are Aluminium. Other hydrated forms also include hexadecahydrate Al2(SO4)3•16H2O and octadecahydrate Al2(SO4)3•18H2O.
This refers to the hydrated form (with H2O), but the anhydrous form as a white crystal also occurs naturally near volcanoes or burning coal-mining dumps. This is an extremely rare mineral called mineralmillosevichite.
Many other applications
In addition to being used in water treatment plants, aluminium sulphate has many other possible applications:
- Used as a mordant in the textile industry – added to an alkaline solution, aluminium sulphate forms a gelatinous compound (Aluminium hydroxide, Al(OH)3), which adheres to clothing and it protects the pigments.
- Added to soil to lower pH – it forms an Al(OH)3 precipitate and a weak sulphuric acid solution. An common example is with hydrangeas, where reducing the soil’s pH turns the flower from purple to pink.
- It was used in antiperspirants, but has been replaced with other products
- Used as waterproofing agent
- Used in construction as an accelerator in concrete
- Used to provide relief from bites and insect stings
- Very effective molluscicide
What we offer
All our products, including aluminium sulphate, come with a 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24-hours. If you have any questions, just contact us for a quote or technical query.
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
Please note: we only deliver to registered UK businesses at non-residential addresses with a minimum order value of £100 before VAT
We only supply to mainland UK, contact us on 0800 990 3258 for rates to Ireland.
Please notify us if you have specific delivery requirements such as restricted access, requirement for a tail-lift delivery vehicle or pallet truck. Failure to notify us of a special delivery instructions can incur additional charges from our carriers.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.